Friday, March 8, 2019

ANNOUNCEMENT: HELP FOR ANDY!


Hi Everyone! As you may know, I have been fostering Andy since his arrival to the US in October. Words cannot adequately express how wonderful this boy is. He is loyal, smart, loving, goofy, snuggly, and fun!

Unfortunately he is also fear reactive to an extreme level. You see, Andy missed crucial socialization periods when he was a puppy because of his circumstances. So he has a bad case of fear reactions. I have been working diligently with Andy on training and he is excellent!! But unfortunately we can’t get past this one issue and I think I have brought him as far as I can being that I am not a professional.

So I have consulted with a behaviorist/DVM and we have devised a plan. Andy is going to go to a Board and Train program with an expert in dealing with reactive dogs. I am so excited and hopeful that this will be the last step to getting him over this hurdle and making him the perfect adoptable companion.

But I also have to admit that when I took Andy on, I wasn’t anticipating such a large price tag to making him ready for home living. And while money is no object to making this boy well and happy and able to live his best life, it’s also quite a large amount for the program and behavioral consulting etc. So, as much as it kills me to do so, I am asking for your help to raise 50% ($2500) of the total cost.

If you would like to help me help Andy, please use the link below to make your donation. Any money raised over and above the $2500 for Andy will be used to cover medical expenses for other WAG dogs.

As always, thank you for your generosity and commitment to the rescue of these animals. And stay tuned for Andy’s story, Tails from Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment